Welcome me to the world of mobile blogging. Life becomes more Fun! All the pictures here are taken with the Sony Ericsson K610i mobile phone

Monday, December 18, 2006

Temples @ Penang



Wat Chayamangkalaram is one of the must see place in Penang.

Despite being there for a few times, I have never been there until the recet trip when my friend Chau Loong decided to pay a trip to memory lane.

No choice, Evil See playing the accomodating host had to drive us to Pulau Tikus area as there was where the Thai temple was.

One of the reason that CL wanted to go there was to visit the sleeping Buddha. Reason being, it is 33 meters long and is one of the largest in Malaysia. Of course, it was once the 3rd largest Buddha in the world. Now, I am not too sure.

CL always had the impression that this sleeping Buddha was in Kek Lok Si, but in fact Kek lok Si is a different place altogether.





After visiting the sleeping Buddha, I took a quick stroll to the Burmese temple opposite and saw Evil See there, she told me that there was a nice pond at the back.

I then asked whether there was any wishing well as during that time, I had the urged to do some wishing.

Anyway, luck was on my side as she told me that in the middle of the pond lies the statue of Guan Yin standing within a lotus leaf, and there is a cup on the leaf as well. If I manage to throw a coin inside the little cup, my wish will come true.

I threw a coin once and it went straight in, Evil See asked for an encore and I did again, and the coin entered the cup again. Now I just hope my wish will come true!

The weather was changing and looks like it was going to rain, we then meet up with CL and his company of friends to make way to the next destination.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

next time i wanna go to kek lok si...i dun care

12:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home